Think Fast: 3 Tips to Keep Your Strategy Game Casual [Casual Game Insider]



A few months ago I wrote a piece for Casual Game Insider magazine about how to design what I've been calling "casual strategy" games. These are hybrids of the deep thinky games that wrack your brain for hours and the fast light games that spark for just a moment.

Now, I never really consider myself writer, so by way of example, I included a new game called Royal Draft. It's an experiment in chaos vs. order choices in game design playable with a simple deck of playing cards. It's really quite cool and will be further developed in the near future. Even if you don't dig the article, I think you'll dig the game.

And besides, it features far more qualified contributors from Tasty Minstrel Games, The Game Crafter, and many more. Check it out here!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Graphic Design and Typography Tips for your Card Game

One Thing to Avoid in Game Design

Belle of the Ball Guest Name Generator